1. Where the government is in a minority, The government has said that, “PM Modi will not contribute in the Rajya Sabha or Upper House,” .
2. “He’s ready to explain the government’s stand, but the opposition is preventing that because it wants to stall parliament rather than engage in discussion,” Says Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. He said today, “The opposition is running away from a debate.”
3. The government has reportedly objected to the language of the motion that would be used for the debate.
4. The opposition wants a debate on the notes ban in the Lok Sabha, followed by a vote.
5. Opposition leaders want a parliamentary committee to investigate this accusation. The opposition plans to repeat in parliament the accusation that big industrialists and others were in the know about the notes ban and had enough time to dodge it by investing hoarded money into assets like property.
6. They say they will hold a protest within the parliament compound on Wednesday. The Congress hosted a meeting this morning of opposition parties to encourage a united onslaught over the issue.
7. “PM Modi said the reform would combat black money and corruption. 500 and 1,000 rupee notes would be invalid for transactions just hours later,” On November 8, PM Modi said that.
8. The cancelled bills form 86 per cent of the notes in circulation, and rural India has been stranded without cash. Over 45 billion dollars was deposited in banks in the first week after the announcement.
9. While many cash machines are still being reconfigured to dispense the new, larger-sized bills. ATMs have run dry, and Long lines have been exacting. Because India has rushed en masse to banks to get the new Rs. 500 and Rs. 2,000 notes, The move, generally praised for intent, has been criticized for poor execution.
10. Promising long-term benefits from the demonetisation, PM Modi has sought 50 days to fix the cash problem. For criticizing his move, he targeted two senior opposition leaders, Mayawati and Mamata Banerjee, Without naming them, at a rally yesterday, suggesting that their parties’ track records establish a proclivity to corruption.
- Hyundai rolls out 7 millionth car from its plant in India
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2016