* It also claimed that the BJP‘s go of simultaneous elections is “misplaced” and is “incompatible with the Structure as also impractical”.
* Congress settled to undertake a “pragmatic tactic” for cooperation with all like-minded functions and evolve a popular workable programme to defeat the BJP and its allies in the 2019 standard election.
* Faced by the obstacle of defections in the social gathering, with BJP poaching several of its leaders, the social gathering sought debarring defectors from contesting elections for 6 several years to look at the “brazen misuse of dollars electricity to build political instability”.
* Condemning the ideology of the BJP-RSS as “insidious and divisive agenda”, the Congress claimed it will resist the government’s “undemocratic procedures and acts to curtail liberty, independence of expression and violation of fundamental legal rights of its citizens as enshrined in the Structure.”
* The Congress accused the BJP government for brazen abuse of electricity and misuse of central organizations for qualified political vendetta to harass, humiliate and persecute its political opponents.
* The resolution said that the country is facing the danger posed by “authoritarian, divisive and disruptive forces”, but the Congress is fully commited to serve the folks of India with its illustrious record and legacy that signify multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-spiritual India. Referring to the party’s “hand” image, Congress president Rahul Gandhi claimed, “This is the image that holds the country with each other, demonstrates us the way, and will acquire India ahead.”
* The social gathering reaffirmed its support for women’s reservation in Parliament and legislatures and demanded the Modi government to table the Women’s Reservation Invoice for passage and implementation prior to the 2019 standard elections.
* Highlighting the atrocities versus dalits, minorities and tribals, the Congress alleged that stability and social justice was deteriorating beneath the BJP rule.
* The resolution also termed upon the media to restore the equilibrium in nationwide narrative to safeguard democracy.
(With PTI inputs)